Welcome to CookingWaffles!!

We hope you can find interesting our opinions about food all over the world. We also have some recipes that may be useful for everybody! Come in and Enjoy ;)

martes, 8 de noviembre de 2011

Why "Hot Dogs"?



Have you ever asked to yourself why the
famous “ hot dog” is called that way?
I have the answer, I have been reading
about that funny and typical food of America. Its name is due to “hot
dogs” were thought to be made with dogs meat when they were
commercialized for the first time, of course, that was not true.
This product has been called in
different ways through the time, first; it was called “hot dog”
in 1830, then, after knowing the truth of its contain, ten years
later, it was called “sandwich dog” , and finally when the
“shops” that served this aliment at night they started to be
called “dog wagons”.

1 comentario:

  1. I think, this topic is really funny, because I have always asked myself why were they called "hot-dogs".
    My first thought, and the only one, was that as we all know the kind of dogs called "badger dogs" their appearance looked like a sausage, so that was why they just called this meal "hot dog".
    The fact of hot could come from the meal being cooked...
    I would like to know more curiosities like this, I think that people are really ignoring the real stories or the backgroung of lots of foods/meals and their names.

    ResponderEliminar

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.