Welcome to CookingWaffles!!

We hope you can find interesting our opinions about food all over the world. We also have some recipes that may be useful for everybody! Come in and Enjoy ;)

domingo, 6 de noviembre de 2011

The Quality of Food in Different Countries

First, the concept of that
Mediterranean food is very tasty and good for our health is a
widespread belief but I feel that I am almost obliged to affirm it;
It is true !. I have been abroad during a month with five more
friends, living in a house, and we had to buy our own food and cook
it.
I must admit that the quality in food
differed so much from Spanish food; Fruits and vegetables for example
look great but when you try them you realize that they have not the
same quality than they have in Spain. It is due to the weather
conditions of the other countries which have not the same hours of
sun than us, due to that, fruits and vegetables have to grow up in
greenhouses and with lots of chemicals products.
Another interesting point to deal with
is that people is used to eat fast food several times in a week; fast
food is becoming the common food for busy persons that have not time
to cook by themselves, so we reach the conclusion that this kind of
food is becoming the base of their feeding. I am including a picture
of some portions of pizza that we bought in the street in London,
they were sold like pieces of bread in Spain !.
Finally , I confess that I am really afraid of this new way of living, I think that we live faster everyday, and that is bringing consequences to our health and to our life quality

2 comentarios:

  1. I totally agree with you and I am really afraid of this, too!!! So the main thing we have to keep in mind is that we have to eat healthy, despite not having time to cook most of the days. For me it is easy because I rarely eat fast food because for me this is not a pleasure like for other people is but I think that people should be aware of the increase of these poor diets, if they do not want to have health problems in a few years. So I wonder why most people all over the world say that the best diet is the Mediterranean Diet and then they eat totally unlike this diet? It is very strange for me!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think you have all the reason, the food in London is horrible, anywhere you go you can see fast food shops, there are a lot of competence in this area, there are food shops of different part of the world and the price is very cheap, perhaps this is the reason for the bad feeding!

    ResponderEliminar

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.