Welcome to CookingWaffles!!

We hope you can find interesting our opinions about food all over the world. We also have some recipes that may be useful for everybody! Come in and Enjoy ;)

lunes, 19 de diciembre de 2011

I have bigger fish to fry..



In English, when somebody says to you :
“I have a bigger fish to fry”, that person actually means “ I
have better things to do than spend my time with you”.
The real origin of this expression is
not known yet but I think that is really curious. In Spanish, we
would say “ tengo mejores cosas que hacer” but that translation
into Spanish does not convey any word related to food. I think that
the expression may has its origin in any port-village of Great
Britain where the main product to be cooked and eaten was fish, I
believe that this is the reason of the given expression, the basis of
their feeding was fried fish long time ago.
“ Fish & Chips” is also a very
common dish in United Kingdom nowadays and lots of people enjoy it
everyday on the streets of England so I invite you to try it and
think about the origin of “ I have bigger fish to fry”.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.